Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose to train with EPTI?
How does the online e-Learning platform work?
How long does the online study take?
What equipment do I need to complete the online learning?
What methods of support do I get throughout my training?
How do I access tutor support during my course?
How many days do I need to attend the practical course?
What kind of practical training do I get with my course?
Where does the practical course training take place?
Are your qualifications recognised in the industry?
Are the qualifications recognised abroad?
What is REP’s?
What is Active IQ?
How old do I have to be to enrol?
Are there any hidden fees, that are not included in the course fees?
Do I have to pay in full when I enrol on a course?
When can I start once I’ve enrolled?
How do I pay for the course?
Is there a deadline to finish my training?
What happens If I fail?
When will I receive my certification?
How easy is it to get a job with this qualification?
Am I guaranteed an interview with any large gym chains once I’m certified?
- Why should I choose to train with EPTI?
- European Personal Training Institute’s mission is to provide the fitness industry with the very best fitness instructors and personal trainers. The courses that we offer are blended between distance-taught study via our online e-Learning platform and a comprehensive practical course that develops PT skills above and beyond what is required.
- Our tutors have their own successful personal training businesses and each have over 15 years’ experience in the field.
- How does the online e-Learning platform work?
- When you enrol, you receive log-in details for the Active IQ e-Learning Platform. The learning material is streamed to your computer, giving you the advantage of studying at your own pace. There are frequent quizzes and knowledge tests to check your understanding, but do not count towards your final assessment.
- How long does the online study take?
- Typically most students take between 8-12 weeks to get through the online e-Learning and coursework assignments for the full versions of the personal training courses. However they may be completed in a shorter time or extended, depending on the time that you have available for study.
- What equipment do I need to complete the online learning?
- All you require to access the e-Learning platform is an internet connection and a computer with audio; or an ipad.
- What methods of support do I get throughout my training?
- Upon enrolment, you will be assigned a support tutor who will be available to you throughout your online study to provide assistance. Your tutor will also be on hand to give feedback and guidance towards completing your coursework assignments.
- How do I access tutor support during my course?
- Online Skype sessions with your dedicated support tutor
- How many days do I need to attend the practical course?
- The length of the practical course varies depending on which qualification you choose to study with us:
- Fitness Instructor course 4 days plus:
- Personal Trainer courses:
- Personal Trainer = 5 days total
- Advanced Personal Trainer = 7 days total
- Master Trainer = 9 days total
- NASM Personal Trainer = 11 days
* Add +2 rest days (weekend) for all PT courses
- What kind of practical training do I get with my course?
- This depends on the course that you choose, but the following methods are offered by EPTI for you to become the best PT:
- Gym-based – resistance machines, free weights, body weight exercises
- Outdoor PT
- Functional training – cables, swiss balls
- Group Instructor / Circuits
- Kettle bells
- Indoor Studio Cycling
- Suspension Training (TRX)
- Where does the practical course training take place?
- The training takes place at our campuses in Southern Europe plus some outdoor training on the beach. All our campuses are ideally located close to international airports. Click here to view our list of campuses.
- Are your qualifications recognised in the industry?
- All our qualifications are accredited and approved within the fitness industry. Our Active IQ qualifications are recognised by REPS worldwide
- Are the qualifications recognised abroad?
- Yes, REPS is currently recognised in the following parts of the world:
- UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- South Africa
- USA, Canada & Caribbean
- United Arab Emirates
- What is REP’s?
- The Registration of Exercise Professionals provides a system of regulation for instructors and trainers to ensure that they meet the health and fitness industry’s agreed level for qualifications and occupational standards .
- What is Active IQ?
- Active IQ is one of the UK’s leading Awarding Organisations for the leisure industry
- How old do I have to be to enrol?
- The minimum age to attend the practical course is 16 years; however students may begin their on-line study before this age.
- Are there any hidden fees, that are not included in the course fees?
- No! – The fee you pay covers all your tuition, tutor support, registration, certification, airport transfer, gym admission and accommodation.
- The course fees do not cover air travel or food during your stay with us.
- Do I have to pay in full when I enrol on a course?
- No, the cost of the course can be paid for over four equal monthly payments. The first payment constitutes the deposit and this covers your reservation.
- When can I start once I’ve enrolled?
- As soon as you are enrolled with us, e-Learning log-in details are generated for you. Typically, you will have access to all of your learning materials within one working day of your deposit being received.
- How do I pay for the course?
- Payment plans are available on request but it may be more beneficial to pay early and receive an early bird offer. Please contact EPTI for more information.
- Is there a deadline to finish my training?
Following enrolment, AIQ e-learning platform student accounts’ are valid for 1 year for the Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym) course, and 2 years for the Level 3 Personal Training course.All certifications must be completed within 2 years of enrolment.
- What happens If I fail?
- If you are referred on any part of the assessment process, EPTI have a policy of offering free re-assessments.
- EPTI will strive to schedule the re-assessment at a time during the practical course, if appropriate and at the discretion of EPTI.
- If it is not possible to do this, then students may return for re-assessment, on a subsequent practical course, on a date agreed by EPTI.
- Students also have the option of submitting a video recording to EPTI of themselves delivering a practical session following awarding body guidelines.
- When will I receive my certification?
- You will receive your EPTI certificate at the end of the practical course. Certificates issued by the examining board usually take between a month and six weeks to be issued.
- How easy is it to get a job with this qualification?
- All of our courses are accredited and approved by REPS, which means that as an industry-recognised qualification, students are easily able to find employment and self-employment opportunities upon graduation
- Please view where are our students now?
- Am I guaranteed a job interview with any large gym chains once I’m certified?
- Yes, Fitness First and PureGym guarantee a job interview for all EPTI students at any gym location of your choice.
European Personal Training Institute